Thursday 26 April 2012


Indian Scrambled Eggs


I love the challenge of what to do with leftovers and absolutely hate wasting food, so everything that is not eaten goes in my fridge.

For breakfast this morning I wanted to make Indian Scrambled Eggs, knowing that I could use various leftovers in the process. I found half a red onion in my fridge as well as some leeks in a white sauce from last night's meal, which I decided to use too.
(* I had already counted the syns for the white sauce yesterday, so didn't include them today. Same with the milk from my Healthy Extra A allowance.)


Check out the Slimming World website for details.

Indian Scrambled Eggs



Serves 2

Free on Extra easy *

4 eggs
½ onion
handful of green beans, chopped
½ cup leeks in white sauce
½ tsp onion seeds
½ tsp black mustard seeds
½ tsp crushed coriander seeds
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp salt
small handful of coriander leaves, chopped

Finely chop the onion and fry in a little Fry Light with the onion, mustard, coriander and cumin seeds. Break the eggs into a bowl and mix together with the leeks in white sauce, coriander leaves, garam masala, salt and chilli flakes. Add the green beans to the onions in the pan, then pour in the egg mixture. Keep stirring until it is lightly set – it won't set completely because of the white sauce.

Serve with grilled tomatoes. 

It was actually quite a big serving and unusually my husband couldn't even finish his - although he have toast with his. 

No comments:

Post a Comment