Sunday 17 June 2012


Turkey saltimbocca


I love the flavour combination of the turkey, the saltiness of the Parma ham and the earthy, slightly bitter taste of sage.



Serves 2
1 syn on Extra easy

2 thin turkey steaks
4 slices of Parma ham, all visible fat removed
a few sage leaves

Flatten the turkey steaks and place a couple of sage leaves on each steak. Wrap the steak in the Parma Ham and place in an ovenproof dish. Bake at 220°C for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with potatoes and vegetables of choice. 



Also in Lidl yesterday (I can see I shall have to shop there more often, as I came back with some interesting foodstuffs) they had white asparagus. I have never cooked them myself, and I think the last time I had them was back in the late 60s or early 70 when still living at home, and I can remember not liking the texture much. Probably because my parents used to overcook all vegetables...


No comments:

Post a Comment