Friday 20 July 2012


Soba Noodle Bowl with Prawns


If I had to choose one particular world cuisine as my favourite, it has to be South East Asian. I love the combinations of flavours and textures, and how they use such fresh ingredients. This is an adaptation of a recipe I found on line, which I changed somewhat in order to fit it into the Slimming World plan and according to ingredients I had and wanted to use. It is such a quick and easy meal, and very tasty. 

 

Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy

125g cooked king prawns
85g soba noodles
1 carrot
1 bunch spring onions
1 small knob ginger
80g edamame beans
¼ cup dark soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup sweetener

Cut each prawn in three. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and drain. Cut the carrot, spring onions and ginger into julienne strips. Heat the soy sauce, vinegar and sweetener with ¼ cup of water in a pan. Add all the other ingredients and stir until heated through. Serve in noodle bowls with chopsticks. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment