Monday 30 July 2012


Stewed Prunes


This now makes three dishes today that are new to me. Whereas Husband grew up with them, I am a stewed prune virgin. I really wasn't sure about the idea at all – I remember my mum eating tinned prunes when I was a child, and I used to think they were pretty disgusting then.

Next time (I am sure there will be a next time as I did enjoy them) I would serve it with more yogurt as I found the prunes a little too sweet for my liking. I added sweetener to the yogurt today, but next time I would omit that too as I am sure the tartness of the yogurt would counteract the sweetness of the prunes beautifully.



Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra Easy*

* Providing you use the prunes as your Healthy Extra B

300g prunes
fat free plain yogurt
sweetener to taste

Place the prunes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until thick and sticky. Serve in tall glasses with the yogurt. 



Alternatively, serve in bowls. This was the second time I made this dish.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment