Friday 30 May 2014

Kale and Mint Salad

I had some kale in the fridge that needed using up, and I was searching the internet for inspiration when I came across a recipe that I managed to doctor enough to fit in the Slimming World Plan. Normally I would just fry the kale in some Fry Light until crispy, so this was the first time we've had it raw. 

 

Serves 2
Less than ½ syn per person*

* providing you use the cheese as your Healthy Extra A

1 packet kale, picked over to remove the thick hard stems
1 packet of mint, leaves roughly chopped

Dressing
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 small garlic clove, very finely chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp red chilli flakes
30g finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp plain fat free yogurt
1 tbsp red wine vinegar



Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and add water until you get a dressing-like consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in to the kale and mint leaves until thoroughly mixed.

I served mine with some chilli and garlic grillsticks from Joe'sSausages for an almost syn free lunch with lots of superfree.

We both found the texture of the raw kale a little unusual, but agreed that its chewy consistency was not unpleasant. I would definitely have it again. 

 











No comments:

Post a Comment